The Village of Algonquin, IL

Welcome to the website for the Village of Algonquin!


Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-12 of 12
Does the Village have mulch available?
Yes, the Village makes available to Algonquin residents the mulch by-product of our day to day tree work activity at no charge.
What are construction hours in the Village?
Construction activities shall only be permitted between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and between 8:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
When are winter parking regulations in effect?
Winter parking regulations are in effect between October 31 and April 15 of each year.
Who provides natural gas service to my household?
Nicor Gas provides natural gas delivery service to customers in Algonquin.
Who provides electric service to my household?
ComEd provides electric delivery service to customers in Algonquin.
When is my residential garbage collection day?
Groot collects residential garbage, recycling, and yard waste all on the same day. Your specific collection day is determined by the location of your household.
Who provides cable, video, phone service to my household?
AT&T and Comcast have utility infrastructure in Algonquin to provide this service to residents and businesses.
What do I do if my mailbox was damaged by a snow plow?
If a snowplow blade hits a mailbox while removing snow from the Village streets, then the Village will replace the mailbox. If a snowplow blade strikes a mailbox or mailbox post, then the Village is responsible for replacement. If the mailbox or mailbox post is knocked down by the force of the snow striking it, it is not the Village's responsibility to replace it. The mailbox or mailbox post must clearly show evidence of the blade striking either for the Village to be at fault.
What are the water conservation guidelines within the Village?
In order to promote public environmental awareness, good husbandry, good conservation practices and to preserve potable water supplies, the use of the Village’s potable water for outdoor watering of landscape and lawns is regulated.
What do I need to know about tree maintenance on my property?
Trees on the parkway of your property are maintained by the Village of Algonquin. Any removal of tree must be requested through the Village of Algonquin prior to removal. Property owners are responsible for the removal of any hazardous trees (outside of the parkway) within 60 days. Dead trees must be removed within 90 days.
Results 1-12 of 12